Curried Coconut Soup
|Onion||1 Small, chopped to make 1/4 cup|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Flaked coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||2 , beaten|
1. In a saucepan cook onion and curry powder in water till onion is tender.
2. Add the milk, coconut, cloves, and salt; simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes.
3. Strain mixture through a sieve.
4. Stir about 1 cup of the hot milk mixture into the egg yolks and return the remaining milk mixture in saucepan.
5. Cook and stir for about 2 minutes or till mixture thickens slightly.
6. Remove from heat; cover and chill before serving.
7. Arrange the soup into individual soup bowl and garnish each serving with toasted coconut, if desired.
Calories 283 Calories from Fat 184
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.9%
Saturated Fat 16.1 g80.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 109.5 mg36.5%
Sodium 324.3 mg13.5%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g17.8%
Sugars 11.9 g
Protein 9 g17.3%
Vitamin A 5.9% Vitamin C 4.8%
Calcium 22% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet