Curried Coconut Soup
|Onion||1 Small, chopped to make 1/4 cup|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Flaked coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||2 , beaten|
1. In a saucepan cook onion and curry powder in water till onion is tender.
2. Add the milk, coconut, cloves, and salt; simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes.
3. Strain mixture through a sieve.
4. Stir about 1 cup of the hot milk mixture into the egg yolks and return the remaining milk mixture in saucepan.
5. Cook and stir for about 2 minutes or till mixture thickens slightly.
6. Remove from heat; cover and chill before serving.
7. Arrange the soup into individual soup bowl and garnish each serving with toasted coconut, if desired.