Basic Cream Soup
|Minced onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Softened margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Frozen polyunsaturated non dairy creamer||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs) (Poly Perx Brand)|
|Cooked vegetables and vegetable liquid||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped or sieved (Carrots, Cauliflower, Beans, Broccoli, Potato, Peas)|
1. In a saucepan or soup pot, melt the margarine over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and sautÃ© it until tender and trasparent.
3. Sprinkle the flour over the onion and sautÃ© for 2 minutes until cooked.
4. Reduce the flame to low.
5. Gradually stir in non-dairy creamer until smooth.
6. Add vegetables to the soup and heat through, simmering on low heat, for a couple of minutes. Do not boil.
7. Ladle the soup into bowls.
8. Serve immediately, with crusty bread.
Calories 1273 Calories from Fat 100
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.1%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 128.5 mg5.4%
Total Carbohydrates 130 g43.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.7%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 3 g6.9%
Vitamin A 77% Vitamin C 4.8%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 6.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet