Celery Spinach Soup
|Condensed chicken broth||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Frozen spinach||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Chopped celery||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream-style cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a saucepan combine condensed broth, frozen spinach, celery, and onion and bring it to boil.
2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 10 minutes or till vegetables are tender.
3. Transfer the mixture to a blender, add cottage cheese; cover and blend till smooth.
4. Return the blended mixture to saucepan.
5. Add milk, salt, and pepper; heat through but do not boil.
6. Arrange the soup into individual soup bowl.
7. Top each serving with a dollop of sour cream and serve immediately.
Calories 241 Calories from Fat 120
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.7%
Saturated Fat 7.1 g35.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 39.4 mg13.1%
Sodium 1209.3 mg50.4%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.8%
Sugars 12.8 g
Protein 14 g28.9%
Vitamin A 180% Vitamin C 15%
Calcium 32.1% Iron 10%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet