Cream Of Asparagus Soup
|Canned asparagus||14 1⁄2 Ounce, cut (Del Monte All-Green Brand, Spears Tips Included)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Condensed cream of mushroom soup||1 Can (10 oz) (1 Can)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped chives||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1 , thinly sliced|
1. Drain the asparagus and set the liquid aside for later use
2. In a large saucepan, heat the butter.
3. Add the onion to the hot pan and sautÃ© till tender
4. Add the reserved liquid from the asparagus and cook for a few minutes
5. Transfer this mixture into the blender bowl and add the asparagus, soup and pepper. Blend this mixture till smooth
6. Tip the mixture back into a bowl and check the seasoning.
7. Add milk and stir well to balance the tastes.
8. Chill before serving
9. Serve hot with slices of lemon and Parmesan cheese or chill and serve cold with chopped chives