Crab Avocado Soup
|Apple||1 Large, peeled and chopped to make 1 cup|
|Celery stalk||1 , finely chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|All-purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Avocado||1 Medium, seeded, peeled, and cut up|
|Canned crabmeat||7 1⁄2 Ounce, drained, flaked and cartilage removed (1 Can)|
|Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||3 Dash (Use Few Dashes)|
|Pepper||2 Dash (Use Few Dashes)|
|Snipped chives||2 Tablespoon (For Garnishing)|
1. In a saucepan cook apple and celery in butter or margarine for about 5 minutes or till apple and celery are tender.
2. Add the flour and chicken broth all at once; cook till the mixture becomes thick and bubbly; stirring continuously to avoid forming lumps.
3. Pour half the mixture in a blender and add half the avocado.
4. Cover and blend till a smooth mixture is formed.
5. Pour into bowl and repeat the same blending action with the remaining broth mixture and avocado.
6. Combine the crabmeat and light cream.
7. Season to taste with some salt and pepper.
8. Cover and chill before serving.
9. Arrange the soup into individual soup bowl and garnish each serving with snipped chives.