|Meaty beef short ribs||1 Pound|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Winter squash/Pumpkin||8 Ounce, peeled, cubed, cut up to make about 3 cups|
|Potato||1 Medium, peeled, quartered|
|Carrot||1 Large, quartered|
|Onion||1 Medium, quartered|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a saucepan over low heat, brown short ribs with very little cooking oil, if needed.
2. Add water and bring it to boil.
3. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 1 hour.
4. Remove ribs from broth and slightly cool; when ribs are cool enough to handle, cut meat from bones and return meat to broth; discard the bones.
5. Add pumpkin or squash, potato, carrot, onion, salt, and white pepper to broth; cover and simmer over medium heat for about 45 minutes.
6. Pour half the mixture into blender; cover and blend to a smooth mixture.
7. Return blended mixture to saucepan and heat through.
8. Repeat the same blending and heating action with the remaining mixture.
9. Pour soup into individual soup bowls.
10. Top each serving with a little cream but do not stir before serving.