Frijole Cheese Soup
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Diced onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Seeded minced jalapeno pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic clove||1 Small, mashed|
|Canned italian tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), drained and chopped, reserving liquid|
|Crisp bacon slices||2 , crumbled|
|Chili powder||1 Dash|
|Ground cumin||1 Dash|
|Oregano leaves||1 Dash|
|Canned pinto beans||6 Ounce, rinsed, drained and mashed|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Ounce, shredded|
1) In a 1-quart saucepan, heat oil.
2) In the hot oil, saute onion, pepper, and garlic over medium heat, for a minute or until soft.
3) To this, add the tomatoes with liquid, bacon, chili powder, cumin, and oregano. Mix well.
4) Cook this mixture for 5 minutes.
5) Now, add beans.
6) Over medium-high heat, cook until the mixture is heated well. Stir constantly while cooking.
7) Transfer the soup equally to 2 soup bowls. Serve hot, topped with 1/2 ounce of cheese each.