Pepper and Leek Soup
|Chopped red bell peppers||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped leeks||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped and thoroughly washed (white portion and some green)|
|Seeded chopped jalapeno pepper||1 Tablespoon, reserving 1 teaspoon for garnish|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon, whipped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Instant chicken broth and seasoning mix||2 Ounce (2 packets)|
|Sour cream||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a 1-quart ovenproof casserole, add bell peppers, leeks, jalapeno pepper, butter, and garlic. Mix well.
2) With a vented plastic wrap, cover the casserole.
3) On high power, microwave for 6 minutes. Stir once, halfway through cooking for easier cooking.
4) To this, add water and broth mix. Mix well.
5) Now, on high power, microwave uncovered for 2 minutes.
6) Let the mixture cool for a while.
6) To a blender, transfer the cooled mixture.
7) Blend on low speed until well combined and pureed.
8) To serve, divide the Pepper and Leek Soup into 2 soup bowls evenly. Serve immediately, topped with the sour cream and the reserved bell and jalapeno peppers in equal measures for both the bowls.