Chicken And Rice Soup
|Broiler fryer chicken||3 Pound, discarding giblets|
|Water||6 1⁄2 Cup (104 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, cut into large pieces|
|Celery stalks with leaves||2 , cut into pieces|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Thinly sliced carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Long grain rice||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), uncooked|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned green chiles||4 1⁄2 Ounce, chopped (1 can)|
|Chicken bouillon cubes||2|
|Ground white pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chopped green onions||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
1. In a stockpot over high heat bring together chicken, water, onion pieces, celery, garlic and bay leaf bring to a boil.
2. With cover reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 1 hour or until chicken is tender.
3. Strain chicken stock and chill and discard vegetables.
4. Skin and bone the chicken and cut meat into bite-size pieces; chill.
5. Skim fat from chicken stock.
6. In a dutch oven over medium-high heat combine chicken stock, carrots, rice, chopped onion, green chiles, bouillon, salt, white pepper and cumin and bring to a boil.
7. Reduce heat to low and simmer with cover for 30 minutes, adding chicken pieces during last 10 minutes.
8. Garnish with green onions and serve warm.