Cream of Cucumber and Leek Soup
|Diced seeded peeled cucumbers||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|White of leek||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped and thoroughly washed|
|Whipped butter||1 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Instant vegetable broth and seasoning mix||1 Ounce (1 packet)|
1) In a 1-quart ovenproof casserole, combine the cucumbers, leeks, and butter. Mix well.
2) With a vented plastic wrap, cover the casserole.
3) On high power, microwave this for 6 minutes, or until the vegetables turn soft. Stir occasionally.
4) Over the vegetables, sprinkle the flour and mix well.
5) On high power, microwave, uncovered, for 1 minute.
6) To this, add water and broth mix.
7) On high power, microwave, uncovered, for 2 minutes, or until the mixture becomes thick. Stir only once, halfway through the cooking.
8) Serve the Cream of Cucumber and Leek Soup in soup bowls, garnished with chopped fresh cilantro.
Calories 77 Calories from Fat 33
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.6%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.1 mg2.7%
Sodium 357.4 mg14.9%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.3%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 1 g2.6%
Vitamin A 12.3% Vitamin C 4.5%
Calcium 1.5% Iron 3.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet