Cream Of Cucumber And Leek Soup
|Diced seeded peeled cucumbers||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|White of leek||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped and thoroughly washed|
|Whipped butter||1 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Instant vegetable broth and seasoning mix||1 Ounce (1 packet)|
1) In a 1-quart ovenproof casserole, combine the cucumbers, leeks, and butter. Mix well.
2) With a vented plastic wrap, cover the casserole.
3) On high power, microwave this for 6 minutes, or until the vegetables turn soft. Stir occasionally.
4) Over the vegetables, sprinkle the flour and mix well.
5) On high power, microwave, uncovered, for 1 minute.
6) To this, add water and broth mix.
7) On high power, microwave, uncovered, for 2 minutes, or until the mixture becomes thick. Stir only once, halfway through the cooking.
8) Serve the Cream of Cucumber and Leek Soup in soup bowls, garnished with chopped fresh cilantro.