Curried Cream of Chicken Soup
|Whipped butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Evaporated skimmed milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Instant chicken broth and seasoning mix||1 Ounce (1 packet)|
|Cooked chicken||1 Ounce, diced|
1) Combine together the margarine, butter and garlic in a medium microwavable bowl. Mix well.
2) Microwave the mixture on HIGH (100%) for 1 minute, till the butter and margarine are melted.
3) Over the butter mixture, sprinkle the flour and stir well to combine with the help of a wire whisk.
4) Add the water and milk very gradually. Stir well.
5) Stir in the broth mixture.
6) Microwave the concoction on HIGH for 3 minutes. Sit after every 1 minute.
7) Add the curry powder and chicken and stir well to combine.
8) Microwave on HIGH for another 30 seconds, till the chicken is thoroughly heated.
9) Ladle the hot soup into decorative soup bowls and serve hot. Makes a delectable and nutritious appetizer.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 336 Calories from Fat 175
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.4%
Saturated Fat 9.4 g47.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 81.6 mg27.2%
Sodium 275.5 mg11.5%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.17 g0.69%
Sugars 18.3 g
Protein 17 g33.8%
Vitamin A 21% Vitamin C 2.6%
Calcium 37.9% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet