Cold Avocado Soup
|Avocado||6 Ounce, pared, diced (3/4 medium size)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided|
|Plain yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (preferably low fat)|
|Sour cream||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Instant onion broth and seasoning mix||1 Ounce (1 packet)|
|White pepper||1 Dash|
|Hot sauce||1 Dash|
|Diced tomato||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a blender mix together the avocado, 1/4-cup water, the yogurt, sour cream, lemon juice, and broth mix.
2. Process on medium speed using the on-off motion until well pureed.
3. Remove the center of the blender container cover and, with the blender running, gradually add remaining 3/4-cup water.
4. Add pepper and hot sauce and process on high speed until well mixed.
5. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until chilled.
6. Transfer the soup into individual bowl and serve cold as an appetizer.