Mexican Chard Soup
|Swiss chard||2⁄3 Pound, cleaned, ribs removed, and chopped|
|Egg||3 , beaten|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, diced|
|Chicken broth||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a blender combine the tomatoes and garlic. Puree until smooth.
2. In a large bowl combine the eggs and chard.
3. In a stockpot heat the oil over medium heat and cook the chopped onions until they are translucent.
4. Add the chard and egg mixture and stir until the eggs are cooked.
5. Add the tomato/garlic puree and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
7. Lower the heat to a simmer and cook covered for 20 minutes.
8. Add salt and pepper to taste.
For more information please visit: http://www.simplefoodie.com