Pasta and Bean Soup
|Borlotti beans||1⁄2 Pound, soaked in water overnight (225 gram)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Cayenne pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||500 Milliliter (2 cups)|
|Tagliatelle||1⁄4 Pound, broken into 1 1/2 inch lengths (110 gram, plain or spinach)|
1) In a saucepan, drain, rinse and cover the beans with cold water. Bring to a boil, then stir and boil for 15 minutes.
2) In a large pot, drain and add the beans with the prosciutto or ham bone, onion, cinnamon, pinch of cayenne, olive oil and chicken stock.
3) Cover with the cold water, then simmer coverted, until the beans are cooked and the stock is slightly thickened.
4) Remove the bone, cut off the meat, flake and return into the pot, discard the bone.
5) Taste and adjust the seasonings. Bring the soup back to a boil, then add the pasta and cook until, tender.
6) Turn off the heat and allow to stand for 1 to 2 minutes before serving.
7) Serve the Pasta and Bean Soup, immediately in soup bowls.
Calories 234 Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.8%
Saturated Fat 0.9 g4.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.4 mg1.8%
Sodium 223.1 mg9.3%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.7%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 12 g23.7%
Vitamin A 2.2% Vitamin C 5%
Calcium 1.4% Iron 2.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet