Microwave Black Bean Soup
|Minced onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Minced green bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Diced seeded tomato||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Ready to serve chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Teaspoon|
|Canned black beans||8 Ounce, rinsed and drained|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground coriander||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Sour cream||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a 2-quart ovenproof casserole, mix thoroughly the onion, bell pepper, tomato, oil, and garlic.
2) Microwave on high power for 2 minutes, until the vegetables are soft.
3) To a plate, transfer the soft vegetables and keep aside.
4) In 1-cup liquid measure, mix together the broth and flour.
5) Stir well to dissolve the flour and into the casserole, pour the flour mix.
5) To this, add the beans and parsley.
6) On high power, microwave this mixture for 5 minutes, stirring once every minute.
7) In a blender, blend half of this bean mixture, until smooth.
8) To the casserole, return the blended mixture.
9) Now, add the vegetable mixture and stir well to combine.
10) On high power, microwave this mixture for 8 minutes, until the flavors are blended well.
11) Finally, stir in coriander, cumin, salt, and pepper to taste.
12) Into 2 soup bowls, divide the soup and serve hot, topped with 1 tablespoon sour cream each.