Vegetable Shrimp Soup
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried chili pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Powdered ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Coconut milk||7 Cup (112 tbs)|
|Mixed vegetables/2 packages frozen, thawed||1 1⁄2 Pound (Green Beans, Carrots, Peas, Etc.)|
|Shredded cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||2 Teaspoon|
|Raw shelled deveined shrimp||1 Pound, diced|
1) Make a paste from the onions, garlic, coriander, cumin, salt, chilli peppers and ginger by pounding or chopping it.
2) In a saucepan heat oil and sautÃ© the mixture for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
3) Stir in the coconut milk and bring to boil.
4) Add the vegetables, bay leaf, cabbage and lemon rind and simmer for 20 minutes.
5) Stir in the shrimps and cook for 5 minute more or until shrimps are tender.
6) Serve the Vegetable Shrimp Soup, hot in a deep soup bowl.