Eggplant Soup with Tiny Pasta
|Onion||1 Large, minced|
|Minced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Cubed eggplant||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Dried thyme||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Crushed rosemary||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Cooked orzo pasta/Tiny pasta||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a 3-quart saucepan, heat oil and saute onions, celery, garlic for about 3 minutes on medium flame.
2) Stir in the cubed eggplants and tomatoes.
3) Place a lid on the saucepan and cooking on reduced flame for about 10 minutes.
4) Stir in the chicken stock along with the thyme and rosemary.
5) Stir in the cooked pasta and cook till it gets heated well.
6) Serve the Eggplant Soup With Tiny Pasta hot as an appetizer.
Calories 152 Calories from Fat 28
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.8%
Saturated Fat 0.51 g2.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.1 mg0.7%
Sodium 114.3 mg4.8%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.8%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 6 g11.3%
Vitamin A 11.2% Vitamin C 22.3%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 5.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet