Simple Cream Of Carrot Soup
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Canola oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sliced carrots||4 Ounce|
|Cubed potato||1 Large|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Skim milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) In a 2-quart saucepan, heat oil and saute the onions for about 5 minutes till they turn soft and transluscent.
2) Mix in the stock, carrots, potatoes and thyme.
3) Turn down the flame and cook the mixture on simmer for about 25 minutes.
4) Pour the mixture into a blender after it has cooled down slightly.
5) Puree the soup. Slowly stir in the milk till the soup reaches the right consistency.
6) Serve the Cream of Carrot Soup hot, garnished with chopped coriander or parsley leaves.