Hot Corn Soup
|Thinly sliced onions||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Raw shrimp||1⁄2 Pound, shelled, deveined and diced|
|Clam juice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Bottled)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped cooked corn kernels/Canned||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Shredded watercress/Spinach||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a skillet, heat oil and sautÃ© onion and garlic for 5 minutes.
2) Add shrimps and sautÃ© for 2 minutes more.
3) Mix in the clam juice, water, pepper, salt and corn, bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
4) Add the watercress and cook 2 minutes longer.
5) Taste for seasoning and remove from heat.
6) Serve hot in a warm soup bowl, arrange few corn and shrimps on the top.
Calories 208 Calories from Fat 82
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.3%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 86.2 mg28.7%
Sodium 780.6 mg32.5%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.9%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 15 g30.9%
Vitamin A 12.5% Vitamin C 18.2%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 10.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet