Hot Corn Soup
|Thinly sliced onions||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Raw shrimp||1⁄2 Pound, shelled, deveined and diced|
|Clam juice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Bottled)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped cooked corn kernels/Canned||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Shredded watercress/Spinach||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a skillet, heat oil and sautÃ© onion and garlic for 5 minutes.
2) Add shrimps and sautÃ© for 2 minutes more.
3) Mix in the clam juice, water, pepper, salt and corn, bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
4) Add the watercress and cook 2 minutes longer.
5) Taste for seasoning and remove from heat.
6) Serve hot in a warm soup bowl, arrange few corn and shrimps on the top.