Chilled Blueberry Soup
|Blueberries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Apple juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Non fat vanilla yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a 2-quart saucepan, add blueberries, apple juice, orange juice, lemon extract and nutmeg.
2) Allow the mixture to come to a boil over medium flame. Keep stirring intermittently.
3) Turn down the flame and cook on low for about a minute.
4) Take the saucepan off the flame and let cool.
5) Transfer the cooled contents to a blender and blend to get a smooth puree. Transfer the puree into a large serving bowl and refrigerate for about one hour.
6) Take a sieve lined with a cheesecloth and strain the vanilla yoghurt through it. Collect the thick yoghurt in a bowl.
7) Serve the Chilled Blueberry Soup in individual bowls, topped with a dollop of yoghurt each.