Creamy Broccoli Soup
|Onion||1 Large, diced|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Broccoli florets||1 Pound, chopped|
|White beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked|
|Ground allspice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) In a 3-quart saucepan, heat oil and saute the onions for about 15 minutes.
2) When the onions have browned, add in the stock, broccoli, beans, bay leaf and all spice.
3) Let the mixture come to a boil. Turn down the flame and cook on simmer for about 20 minutes.
4) When the broccoli have become tender, take the saucepan off the flame and let cool.
5) Transfer the cooled contents into the blender, mius the bay leaf, and puree to a smooth consistency.
6) Serve the Creamy Broccoli Soup garnished with a couple of fresh mint leaves.