Garlic and Potato Soup
|Chicken stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Potatoes||1 Pound, cubed|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Evaporated skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), snipped|
|Feta cheese||2 Tablespoon, crumbled|
1) Wash the leeks and remove the tough roots and green leaves. Slit the leek lengthwise into two. Rinse out any dirt between the layers. Slice the leeks thinly.
2) In a 3-quart saucepan, add leeks, chicken stock, potatoes and garlic. Bring the mixture to a boil.
3) Turn down the flame to medium-low, place the lid halfway on and cook for about 15 minutes on until the potatoes become tender.
4) Mix in milk and add in the chives. Cook on simmer for a couple of minutes.
5) Put the crumbles cheese on a strainer and run cold water through the stariner so that excess salt gets washed away.
6) Pat the feta cheese dry.
7) Sprinkle the feta cheese crumbs on the Garlic and Potato Soup. Serve hot.