Pheasant and Mushroom Soup
|Dried porcini mushrooms||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), minced|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), minced|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Celery leaves||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooked pheasant meat||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), shredded|
|White truffle||1 , minced|
1) In a pot of water, soak the mushrooms for about 20 minutes.
2) Take the mushrooms out, one by one, discarding their stems and mincing the mushroom finely. Keep aside.
3) Save the water for later use.
4) In a 3-quart saucepan, heat oil and saute fresh mushrooms and onions for about 10 minutes or until they turn a dark brown color.
5) Add in the stock, carrots, celery, vinegar, minced dried mushrooms and reserved mushroom liquid.
6) Allow the mixture to come to a boil, turn down the flame and cook for about 15 minutes.
7) Add in the cooked pheasant and truffles, if using.
8) Continue to cook the soup for another 15 minutes.
9) Garnish the Pheasant and Mushroom Soup with chopped parsley. Serve hot.
Calories 835 Calories from Fat 489
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g83.8%
Saturated Fat 25.5 g127.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 91.4 mg30.5%
Sodium 400.2 mg16.7%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.3%
Sugars 51.6 g
Protein 22 g43.6%
Vitamin A 121.6% Vitamin C 10.8%
Calcium 22.9% Iron 16.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet