Iced Leek and Orange Soup
|Stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Shallots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Scallions||8 , chopped|
|Oranges||2 , sectioned|
|Celery||1 Tablespoon, minced|
1) 1) Wash the leeks and remove the tough roots and green leaves. Slit the leek lengthwise into two. Rinse out any dirt between the layers. Chop up the leeks roughly.
2) In a 3-quart saucepan, add in stock, chopped leeks, orange juice, shallots, scallions, oranges, bay leaf and celery.
3) Let the mixture come to a boil before turning down the flame. Cook on simmer for about 30 minutes until the vegetables become soft.
4) Let the mixture cool down for about 5 minutes.
5) Fish out the bay leaf and transfer the mixture into a blender in small batches. Blend to get a smooth puree.
6) Transfer the soup into a large serving bowl and chill.
7) Serve the Iced Leek and Orange Soup chilled, garnish with a sprig of parsley.