Chilled Fruit Soup
|White grape juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Apple juice concentrate||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
1) In a 1-quart saucepan, add white grape juice, water, apple juice concentrate and cinnamon. Allow the mixture to come to a boil before turning down the flame.
2) Let the mixture simmer for 2 minutes.
3) In a pot of boiling water, drop in the peaches for a minute. Immediately, transfer them to a bowl of ice cold water. Drain and gently peel the skin off the peaches.
4) Chop two of the deskinned peaches roughly and transfer them into a blender. Blend to get a smooth puree.
5) Combine the puree with the grape and apple mixture. Mix well.
6) Transfer the mixture into a large serving bowl.
7) Slice the remaining two peaches into wedges of 1/2-inch dimensions.
8) Soak the peaches in the puree to avoid discoloration.
9) Let the soup chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour.
10) Serve the Cool Peach Soup in shallow soup bowls. garnished with raspberries.