Chilled Fruit Soup
|White grape juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Apple juice concentrate||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
1) In a 1-quart saucepan, add white grape juice, water, apple juice concentrate and cinnamon. Allow the mixture to come to a boil before turning down the flame.
2) Let the mixture simmer for 2 minutes.
3) In a pot of boiling water, drop in the peaches for a minute. Immediately, transfer them to a bowl of ice cold water. Drain and gently peel the skin off the peaches.
4) Chop two of the deskinned peaches roughly and transfer them into a blender. Blend to get a smooth puree.
5) Combine the puree with the grape and apple mixture. Mix well.
6) Transfer the mixture into a large serving bowl.
7) Slice the remaining two peaches into wedges of 1/2-inch dimensions.
8) Soak the peaches in the puree to avoid discoloration.
9) Let the soup chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour.
10) Serve the Cool Peach Soup in shallow soup bowls. garnished with raspberries.
Calories 340 Calories from Fat 21
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g3.9%
Saturated Fat 0.13 g0.66%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 13.1 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.2%
Dietary Fiber 21.3 g85.2%
Sugars 56.3 g
Protein 6 g12.5%
Vitamin A 24.5% Vitamin C 220.7%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 15.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet