Summer Vegetable Soup
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Green beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), cubed|
|Dried savory||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried marjoram||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Yellow squash||1 , cubed|
|Corn||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) In a 3-quart saucepan, heat oil and saute the onions and garlic for about 4 minutes.
2) Add in the chicken stock, celery, beans, potatoes, bay leaf, dried savory and marjoram.
3) Turn down the flame and cook covered for about 15 minutes.
4) Lastly, add in the squash and corn.
5) Continue to cook for 15 more minutes until the vegetables have become soft.
6) Fish out the bay leaf before serving.
7) Serve the Summer Vegetable Soup in individual bowls, garnished with chopped parsley leaves.