Egg Drop Soup
|Primary bonito stock||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄3 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped green onion tops||1 1⁄4 Tablespoon|
1. Combine eggs, sake, and a pinch salt. Beat, frothing as little as possible.
2. Bring bonito stock to a boil over medium heat. Add salt and soy sauce, then reduce to simmer.
3. Mix cornstarch with 2 Tbsps water, then blend evenly into soup, stirring constantly.
4. While beating egg mixture continuously, pour into soup in a fine stream. Do not stir soup. When final egg threads have set, remove from heat.
5. Serve in preheated soup bowls. Garnish each bowl with finely chopped green onions and sliver of zest.
Calories 93 Calories from Fat 38
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.5%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 107.8 mg35.9%
Sodium 1079.7 mg45%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.21 g0.83%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 8 g16.2%
Vitamin A 6.4% Vitamin C 3.9%
Calcium 2.3% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet