Creamy Carrot Soup
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Coarsely chopped onions||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Carrots||3 Pound, peeled and coarsely chopped|
|Vegetable stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a large saucepan or flameproof casserole, melt the butter over moderately low heat. Add the onions, garlic and salt. Cook until the onions are soft and translucent but not browned, about 10 minutes.
2. Add the wine and continue to cook until the liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the carrots and enough Vegetable Stock to cover. Bring to a boil; reduce the heat to moderate and cook, uncovered, stirring frequently, until the carrots are soft, about 30 minutes.
4. Puree the soup in a blender or food processor. Return the puree to the saucepan and add enough additional stock to bring the soup to a desirable consistency.
5. Add the cream, if desired, heat through and divide the soup among individual bowls.
Calories 371 Calories from Fat 159
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.9%
Saturated Fat 10.9 g54.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 57.2 mg19.1%
Sodium 946.3 mg39.4%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15.1%
Dietary Fiber 12.4 g49.6%
Sugars 19.9 g
Protein 5 g10.1%
Vitamin A 1149.2% Vitamin C 46.2%
Calcium 16.4% Iron 7.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet