Shrimp And Asparagus Soup
|Raw shrimp/Prawns||5 Ounce (140 Gram)|
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Primary bonito stock||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger juice||1 Teaspoon (Use Fresh Ones)|
1. Shell shrimp, then devein by inserting a toothpick at the curve of the back and pulling out the alimentary canal. Remove tails. Place shells in a small saucepan with 3/4 cup water and boil over medium heat until water is reduced by half. Strain this broth through cheesecloth. Discard shells.
2. Puree shrimp in food processor or blender (or by using a mortar and pestle).
3. Add egg white, cornstarch, 3 Tbsps shrimp broth, and 1/4 tsp salt to shrimp and blend.
To cook and serve
1. Cut asparagus into thirds and discard the tough lower third. To 3 cups boiling water add pinch salt and asparagus. Cook 2 or 3 minutes until tender-crisp. Drain and sprinkle with mirin and pinch salt.
2. Bring bonito stock to a boil. With a spoon, gently slip a portion of shrimp into boiling stock. When shrimp "quenelles" rise to the surface, rotate until they sink slightly and continue to boil until they once more surface and have turned a delicate pink (about 2 minutes).
3. Add soy sauce and 1 tsp salt. Remove from heat and add ginger juice. Preheat soup bowls. Add 2 pieces asparagus and 1 shrimp quenelle to each bowl. Divide soup among bowls and serve.