Country Style Chicken Soup
|Stewing chicken/Backs and necks - 6||1 Small|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Medium, sliced|
|Bay leaf||1 Small|
|Dill seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dill seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Potato||1 Large, diced|
1. Wash the chicken and cut into pieces.
2. In a large stock pot, add the chicken and water simmer chicken in water for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
3. Add celery, carrots, onions and bay leaf or dill and simmer thirty minutes.
4. Drain the chicken and remove the chicken from the water. Shred meat from the frame of the chicken.
5. Put meat and vegetables back into broth, reheat the broth and allow to stand in broth overnight.
6. Skim off excess fat; add potato and salt and pepper. Simmer thirty minutes longer.
7. Serve hot with toasted bread and sour cream