Sopa De Albondigas Mexican Meatball Soup
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Bread slice||1 , crumbled (Low Sodium)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Low Sodium, Low Fat)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Coriander||2 Tablespoon, minced (Cilantro)|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Garlic buds||2 , minced|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, diced|
|Garlic buds||1 , minced|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Unsalted)|
|Beef stock||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Unsalted)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1) Mix all the meatball ingredients into walnut-sized balls and keep aside.
2) For the soup, mix onion, garlic, cumin, tomato sauce and stock and boil it in a large saucepan or soup kettle.
3) With the heat lowered, add the meatballs and let it simmer; cover and cook for about 40 minutes or until the meatballs are thoroughly cooked.
4) Before serving, add lemon juice and seasoning to the hot soup.
5) For a spicier taste, add a dash of Tabasco sauce.
This soup could be a good entree served with Toasted Tortilla Triangles and a tossed green salad.
Calories 339 Calories from Fat 113
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.7%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g22.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 119.3 mg39.8%
Sodium 578.4 mg24.1%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.4%
Dietary Fiber 6 g23.8%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 32 g64.5%
Vitamin A 70.6% Vitamin C 47.1%
Calcium 12.8% Iron 32.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet