Cream of Winter Squash Soup
|Butternut squash/36 ounce frozen butternut squash, partially thawed.||3 Pound|
|Condensed chicken broth||21 Ounce|
|White pepper||1 Dash|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 400F.
2) Bake whole squash about 1 hour, or until fork-tender
3) Let squash cool slightly.
4) Cut the squash lengthwise in half and discard seeds.
5) Using a spoon, scoop squash pulp from the skin.
6) In electric blender, combine half of squash pulp and 1 can broth; blend at low speed until well combined, then at high speed until smooth.
7) In a bowl, turn out the soup.
8) Repeat with remaining squash and broth.
9) Add salt and pepper.
10) Cover the bowl and keep in refrigerator, overnight.
11) Just before serving, heat squash mixture just to boiling.
12) Gradually stir in 1/2 cup cream; cook slowly until heated through.
13) Taste for seasoning, adding more salt and pepper if necessary.
14) Meanwhile, beat remaining cream just until stiff.
15) Garnish each serving with a spoonful of whipped cream; sprinkle with nutmeg and serve soup very hot.