Lemon Buttermilk Soup
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated lemon peel||2 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk thin lemon slices||1 Quart|
1) In electric blender, blend egg yolks with sugar until mixture is very thick and lemon colored.
2) Blend in lemon juice, peel, and vanilla.
3) Gradually blend in buttermilk, at low speed.
4) Cover the mixture and refrigerate for several hours or overnight, until well chilled.
5) Into individual serving dishes, pour the chilled soup.
6) Garnish each serving with lemon slices and serve.
Calories 122 Calories from Fat 25
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.3%
Saturated Fat 0.72 g3.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 92.5 mg30.8%
Sodium 3.7 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6%
Dietary Fiber 0.14 g0.56%
Sugars 12.6 g
Protein 6 g11.2%
Vitamin A 2.2% Vitamin C 4.1%
Calcium 1.2% Iron 1.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet