Chilled Cream of Asparagus Soup
|Frozen cut asparagus||10 Ounce|
|Condensed cream of asparagus soup||10 1⁄2 Ounce (Undiluted)|
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried basil leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Arrange the ingredients.
2) In medium saucepan, boil 1/2 cup water.
3) Add frozen asparagus, cover the pan and simmer, for 5 minutes.
4) In electric blender, place the remaining ingredients; add asparagus and cooking liquid.
5) At high speed, blend, for 2 minutes, or until mixture is smooth.
6) Keep in refrigerator in a covered container, until very cold, may be for several hours or overnight.
7) Garnish with a spoonful of sour cream or asparagus spears, if liked and serve chilled.
Calories 139 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.9%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 17.5 mg5.8%
Sodium 781.1 mg32.5%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.1%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 6 g12.5%
Vitamin A 23.7% Vitamin C 40.8%
Calcium 13.7% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet