Chilled Cream of Asparagus Soup
|Frozen cut asparagus||10 Ounce|
|Condensed cream of asparagus soup||10 1⁄2 Ounce (Undiluted)|
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried basil leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Arrange the ingredients.
2) In medium saucepan, boil 1/2 cup water.
3) Add frozen asparagus, cover the pan and simmer, for 5 minutes.
4) In electric blender, place the remaining ingredients; add asparagus and cooking liquid.
5) At high speed, blend, for 2 minutes, or until mixture is smooth.
6) Keep in refrigerator in a covered container, until very cold, may be for several hours or overnight.
7) Garnish with a spoonful of sour cream or asparagus spears, if liked and serve chilled.