Vichyssoise Cream Soup
|Whites of leeks||3⁄4 Pound (Use About 3-4 In Number, Only White Parts)|
|Potatoes||3⁄4 Pound (Use About 2-3 In Number)|
|Celery stalks||2 Small|
|Chicken stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cheesecloth bag containing:|
|Lemon rind strip||1|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
1. Slice leeks finely.
2. Peel potatoes and slice thinly.
3. Cut celery stalks into small pieces.
4. Heat the butter in a large pan, and fry the vegetables over low heat for 5 minutes, without coloring.
5. Add the stock, bag of flavorings and seasoning to taste.
6. Heat to the boiling point, and simmer gently until the vegetables are tender.
7. Remove the cheesecloth bag.
8. Rub the vegetables and liquid through a fine sieve or puree in an electric blender.
9. Add the milk, and measure the soup. Add extra stock or milk if needed to make 2 1/2-3 cups (depending on the size of your bowls).
10. Reheat to the boiling point.
11. Remove from the heat, and stir in the cream just before serving.
Calories 898 Calories from Fat 536
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g93.6%
Saturated Fat 36.2 g180.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 190.6 mg63.5%
Sodium 828.1 mg34.5%
Total Carbohydrates 75 g25.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.2%
Sugars 17.3 g
Protein 19 g38.1%
Vitamin A 100.9% Vitamin C 106.5%
Calcium 27.4% Iron 33.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet