Burgundy Fruit Soup
|Pitted dark sweet cherries||1 Pound|
|Orange rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Sparkling burgundy||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sour cream/Whipped cream||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. In a large bowl, combine the undrained cherries, orange rind, cinnamon, salt and cornstarch in saucepan and stir gently to blend. Cook until mixture boils and thickens; remove from heat.
2. Section the orange and then squeeze all juice from membrane
3. Add to cooling cherry base and set aside to chill slightly.
4. Stir in chilled Sparkling Burgundy and orange sections (cut in half, if large).
5. Spoon into sherbet glasses or small cups and top with a bit of sour cream or whipped cream before serving