Cream Of Artichoke Soup
|Butter/Margarine||1 Ounce (25 gram)|
|Jerusalem artichokes||1 Pound (450 gram)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Pint (300 milliliter)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Pint (300 milliliter)|
|Single cream||3 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
1. Prepare and slice onion.
2. Melt the butter or margarine in a medium sized saucepan, add the onion and cook gently for 5 minutes without browning.
3. Meanwhile, peel the artichokes, slice thickly and add to the pan.
4. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring, then add the stock, cook for a further 15 minutes until tender and season.
5. Sieve or liquidise.
6. Add the milk, reheat, add the cream and just before serving adjust seasoning to taste.
7. Serve sprinkled with the chopped parsley.