Spinach And Watercress Soup
|White of leek||1 , finely sliced|
|Leek||1 , sliced|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Potato||1 , peeled and diced|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Spinach||4 Cup (64 tbs), finely shredded|
|Shredded spinach||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Watercress||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Finely chopped watercress||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In 12-cup (3 liter) casserole, combine butter, leek and onion and microwave at High for 3 to 5 minutes or until softened.
2. Stir in potato, thyme and 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) of the stock, cover with lid or vented plastic wrap and microwave at High for 5 to 7 minutes or until potato is tender, stirring twice.
3. Place in a blender or food processor and puree.
4. Return to the dish and whisk in remaining stock.
5. Add spinach and watercress, Cover and microwave at High for 8 to 12 minutes until spinach and watercress are tender and soup is heated through, stirring once and season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Garnish each serving with drizzle of sour cream or blend in cream, if desired and serve.
Calories 189 Calories from Fat 35
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.2%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 9 mg3%
Sodium 218.1 mg9.1%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.8%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 6 g12.6%
Vitamin A 151.1% Vitamin C 87.7%
Calcium 14.9% Iron 27.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet