Chunky Pizza Soup
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Sliced mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), slivered|
|Slivered sweet peppers||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (green variety)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned tomatoes||28 Ounce, undrained (1 can, 796 milliliter)|
|Pepperoni||To Taste, thinly sliced|
|Pepperoni||5 Ounce, thinly sliced to make 1 cup (150 gram)|
|Beef stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mozzarella cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Shredded mozzarella cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In 12-cup (3 liter) casserole, microwave together with cover combining mushrooms, green pepper, onion, garlic and oil at High for 3 to 5 minutes until softened, stirring once.
2. Stir in tomatoes, pepperoni, beef stock and basil and microwave with cover at High for 10 to 15 minutes such that flavors are blended and soup is heated through, stirring once.
3. Take 4 microwaveable soup bowls and ladle the soup seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Sprinkle each with 1/4 cup (50 milliliter) of the cheese, microwave, uncovered, at Medium (50%) for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until cheese melts.
5. Serve immediately immediately.
Calories 439 Calories from Fat 263
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.4%
Saturated Fat 13.2 g65.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 78.7 mg26.2%
Sodium 1347.8 mg56.2%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 25 g50.8%
Vitamin A 38% Vitamin C 59%
Calcium 38.7% Iron 18.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet