Spring Lettuce Soup
|Iceberg lettuce/Romaine - 1 large head, shredded about 8 cups||2 Medium|
|Chicken broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Light cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) In 4-quart kettle, combine shredded lettuce and chicken broth.
2) Let them boil over medium heat.
3) Lower the heat, cover the pan and simmer, 10 minutes, or just until lettuce is soft.
4) In electric-blender container, place one half lettuce and liquid; cover, and blend at high speed 1 minute.
5) In a bowl, pour the blended mixture.
6) Repeat with remaining lettuce and liquid.
7) Pour back into kettle.
8) Stir in cream, butter, sugar, salt, nutmeg, and pepper to mixture in kettle.
9) Cook over medium heat, stirring, until butter is melted and soup is hot.
10) Using a rotary beater, beat the mixture to make very smooth.
11) Serve the soup immediately.
Calories 157 Calories from Fat 139
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.3%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.1 mg17.4%
Sodium 205.8 mg8.6%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.64 g2.6%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 1 g2.9%
Vitamin A 15.4% Vitamin C 2.8%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 1.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet