|Chicken||1⁄2 Pound, chopped|
|Serrano chili||1 , finely sliced|
|Stalk||1 , chopped|
|Poros||3 , chopped (stalk of a herb from the region of Michoacan)|
|Avocado||1 , chopped|
|Chicken broth||1 Liter|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped (For Garnish)|
|Finely chopped cilantro||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
1) In a large saucepan, boil the chicken pieces in enough wate. Season the broth with salt.
2) When the broth comes to boil, remove from the broth using a pair of tongs.
3) Finely shred the chicken pieces and toss them back into the broth.
4) Let the broth come to boil once more. Turn down the flame and continue cooking till the chicken shreds are cooked through.
5) Serve the Xochitl Soup garnished with chopped avocado, chopped cilantro, finely sliced serrano chili and chopped poros.