Parsnip And Lemon Soup
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Parsnips||2 Cup (32 tbs), thinly sliced peeled|
|Carrot||1 , thinly sliced|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|Pimiento puree||4 Teaspoon|
1. For making the pimiento puree in a food processor or blender, process 1 jar (2 ounce /57 milliliter) drained pimiento until smooth.
2. In casserole of 12-cup (3 liter) capacity, microwave with cover combining butter and onion at High for 2 to 4 minutes until softened.
3. Further stir in parsnips, carrot, stock, lemon rind and juice.
4. Continue to microwave covering with lid or vented plastic wrap, at High for 14 to 18 minutes such that parsnips are tender, stirring once.
5. In a blender or food processor puree the mixture until smooth, then return to the dish and stir in milk.
6. With cover, microwave at High for more 2 to 5 minutes until heated through, stirring once.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste and ladle soup into serving bowls
8. Into each bowl swirl 1 teaspoon (5 milliliter) pimiento puree and serve.