Grilled Cheese And Vegetable Soup
|Shredded cabbage||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (1 teacup)|
|Grated carrots||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (1 teacup)|
|Canned baked beans/1/2 teacup boiled green peas||225 Gram (1 small can)|
|Tomato||1 , chopped|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
1. Cut the tomatoes into big pieces, add 5 teacups of water and put to cook. When cooked, blend in a liquidiser and strain.
2. Heat the oil and fry the onion and bay leaf for ½ minute.
3. Add the cabbage and carrots and fry again for 1 minute. Add the tomato soup.
4. Mix the cornflour in a little cold water and add to the soup.
5. Add the masala bag and salt and boil for 20 minutes.
6. Add the beans, tomato, sugar and pepper and give one boil.
7. Remove the masala bag and pour the soup into a big bowl.
8. Sprinkle the cheese and put below the grill for 5 minutes until the cheese melts.
9. Serve hot with garlic bread
Calories 137 Calories from Fat 49
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.5%
Saturated Fat 0.74 g3.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 84.7 mg3.5%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.2%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 4 g7.1%
Vitamin A 24.8% Vitamin C 40.2%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet