Gallina Pinto Soup
|Pinto beans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Raw)|
|Nixtamal/Hominy||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Oxtail||2 Pound, chopped|
|Ox tail||2 Pound, chopped|
|Green chiles||2 , deveined, chopped|
|Cilantro||1 Bunch (100 gm), rinsed, chopped|
|Onion||1⁄2 , finely chopped|
|Whole garlic head||1 (Skin On)|
1) In a large saucepan, boil the ox tail in enough water along with beans, nixtamal, garlic, chiles.
2) When the nixtamal swells up a little, season the soup with salt.
3) The soup is done when the meat and vegetables have cooked through completely.
4) Remove the garlic head from the soup before serving.
5) Sprinkle the hot Galina Pinta Soup with chopped coriander leaves and onion.
Calories 655 Calories from Fat 226
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.6%
Saturated Fat 9.6 g48%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 181.3 mg60.4%
Sodium 473.1 mg19.7%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.8%
Dietary Fiber 9 g36.1%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 64 g128.7%
Vitamin A 23.3% Vitamin C 27.4%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 14.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet