Winter Vegetable Soup
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Ginger root||1⁄4 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Chicken stock||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Carrots||5 , julienned to make 2 cups|
|Potato||1 Cup (16 tbs), julienned|
|Tomato juice/Vegetable cocktail||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Corn kernels||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thawed if frozen|
|Curry powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a 12-cup (3 liter) casserole, combine butter, onion, garlic, curry powder, cumin and gingerroot and microwave, uncovered, at High for 2 to 4 minutes or until onion is tender.
2. Stir in stock, carrots, potato and tomato juice well.
3. With lid or vented plastic wrap cover and microwave at High for 12 to 16 minutes or until carrots and potato are tender, stirring once.
4. Add corn and microwave, covered, at High for 2 to 4 minutes or until heated through.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve in warm soup bowls.
Calories 267 Calories from Fat 53
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.2%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12.6 mg4.2%
Sodium 380.9 mg15.9%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.3%
Dietary Fiber 8.6 g34.5%
Sugars 10.1 g
Protein 9 g19%
Vitamin A 262.8% Vitamin C 51.4%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 15.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet