Hearty Ham And Bean Soup
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Sweet green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||28 Ounce (1 Can, 796 Milliliter)|
|Tomatoes||28 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Romano beans||19 Ounce|
|Canned romano beans||19 Ounce (1 Can, 540 Milliliter)|
|Dried basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Ham||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced|
|Diced cooked ham||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), freshly grated|
1. In 12-cup (3 liter) casserole or bowl, microwave butter at High for 1 minute, then add onion, garlic, green pepper and celery and continue to microwave, uncovered, at High for 3 minutes such that vegetables are tender.
2. Blend in flour and stock well.
3. Drain and chop tomatoes, reserving the juice.
4. To the casserole add tomatoes and beans along with their juices, basil and salt and covering with waxed paper, microwave at High for 10 minutes.
5. Stir in ham and microwave at High, uncovered, for 4 minutes.
6. Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese and serve in warm soup bowls.
Calories 1363 Calories from Fat 130
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.5%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g36.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 115.4 mg38.5%
Sodium 1600.9 mg66.7%
Total Carbohydrates 204 g68.1%
Dietary Fiber 75.5 g302%
Sugars 11.6 g
Protein 106 g212.5%
Vitamin A 80.5% Vitamin C 146.7%
Calcium 64.9% Iron 108%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet