Hearty Ham And Bean Soup
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Sweet green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||28 Ounce (1 Can, 796 Milliliter)|
|Tomatoes||28 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Romano beans||19 Ounce|
|Canned romano beans||19 Ounce (1 Can, 540 Milliliter)|
|Dried basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Ham||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced|
|Diced cooked ham||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), freshly grated|
1. In 12-cup (3 liter) casserole or bowl, microwave butter at High for 1 minute, then add onion, garlic, green pepper and celery and continue to microwave, uncovered, at High for 3 minutes such that vegetables are tender.
2. Blend in flour and stock well.
3. Drain and chop tomatoes, reserving the juice.
4. To the casserole add tomatoes and beans along with their juices, basil and salt and covering with waxed paper, microwave at High for 10 minutes.
5. Stir in ham and microwave at High, uncovered, for 4 minutes.
6. Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese and serve in warm soup bowls.