Hearty Beef and Vegetable Soup
|Marrowbone||2 Large (Shine Of Beef)|
|Cabbage||1 Pound, thin sliced|
|Onion||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Carrots||6 , cut in 3 inch pieces (Pared, 1/2 Lb)|
|Celery||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
|Green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Canned tomatoes||12 Ounce (Undrained)|
|Frozen lima beans||10 Ounce|
|Frozen cut green beans||9 Ounce|
|Frozen peas||10 Ounce|
|Whole kernel corn||12 Ounce (Drained)|
|Pared potato||1 Cup (16 tbs), cubed|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Canned tomato paste||6 Ounce|
|Ground cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) In a very large kettle, place beef, marrowbone, 1 tablespoon salt, and 4 quarts water.
2) Cover the kettle and let the mixture boil.
3) Skim surface.
4) Add cabbage, onion, carrot, celery, green pepper, and tomatoes.
5) Again blil then cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
6) Add remaining ingredients; simmer, covered, 3-1/2 hours.
7) Remove meat and bone and discard .
8) Let meat cool.
9) Cut it into cubes and add to soup.
10) Keep in refrigerator overnight.
11) Next day: Remove all fat from surface, and discard.
12) Before serving, gently heat soup to boiling.
13) Serve hot soup with salad and some bread.