Boulder Black Bean Soup
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Medium||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Oregano||1 Teaspoon, dried|
|Dried whole oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon, dried|
|Dried whole thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black beans||3 Cup (48 tbs), rinsed|
|Canned black beans||3 Cup (48 tbs), rinsed, drained|
|Low-sodium chicken broth||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1) In a large saucepan, heat oil and saute garlic and onions over medium flame for about 5 minutes.
2) Add in oregano, thyme, cumin, pepper and continue cooking for 1 more minute.
3) Meanwhile in a blender, puree half the quantity of beans to get a smooth puree. Add in a few tablespoons of chicken broth in between to help blend.
4) Stir in the bean puree into the saucepan along with the remaining half of whole beans and the chicken broth.
5) Let the mixture come to a steady boil before turning down the flame and cooking uncovered for about 30 more minutes.
6)Serve Boulder Black Bean Soup hot.
Calories 417 Calories from Fat 35
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.1%
Saturated Fat 0.84 g4.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 344.4 mg14.3%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g24%
Dietary Fiber 18.2 g72.7%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 26 g52.4%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C 8.6%
Calcium 27.2% Iron 39.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet