Pei Potato Soup
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Chicken stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), peeled and diced (Prince Edward Island Potatoes Preferably)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. In large heavy pot cook onions and celery in butter until soft, add flour and stir until smooth.
2. In another pot cook the potatoes in enough water to cover.
3. Into the pot containing the onion and celery stir chicken stock, add the cooked potatoes and water, bring to boil and let it simmer together.
4. Add milk and cook for 5 minutes longer without letting it boil after milk is added.
5. Season to taste and serve.
Instead of chicken stock you can use 1 can chunky chicken vegetable soup plus 1 can chicken with rice soup.
Calories 363 Calories from Fat 127
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22.1%
Saturated Fat 8 g40.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38.1 mg12.7%
Sodium 414.1 mg17.3%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18.1%
Sugars 11.9 g
Protein 12 g23.8%
Vitamin A 8.9% Vitamin C 50.4%
Calcium 14.4% Iron 11.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet