Pea And Salami Soup
|Dried split peas||750 Gram, rinsed (3 Cups)|
|Water||16 Cup (256 tbs) (4 Liter)|
|Bacon bones||1 Pound (500 Grams)|
|Onions||4 , finely chopped|
|Celery leaves||4 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Celery stalk||4 , chopped|
|Salami||8 Ounce, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (250 Grams)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1|
1. In a large, heavy-based saucepan Place split peas in water and set aside to stand overnight.
2. To the pan add bacon bones with peas, bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours until soup thickens.
3. Stirring in onion, celery leaves and celery, cook over a low heat for 20 minutes longer.
4. Removing bacon bones from soup discard, add salami and cook until heated through.
5. Season to taste with black pepper and ladle soup into serving bowls.